Thursday, January 22, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

Matthew 18:4 - "Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Tonight, after a very difficult night with Priscilla, I put her to bed early. As I listened to her wailing from the other end of the hall, I asked Samantha what she thought had gotten into her sister to which she responded "I don't know." When I asked her if she would ever behave in such a way she said "Not tonight." At least she's honest.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That was nice of her to reassure you of her commitment to behave tonight, like a vow that will end at midnight. I remember telling the boys to promise to be good while we walked into Lowe's and Douglas, after a moment of thought said, "I can't promise you that." At least, like yours, they are honest.