Tuesday, September 23, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

I had to release my baby into the cold, cruel world of elementary school. Hopefully it will treat her well. We woke up bright and early, and set out with a princess backpack and Hello Kitty sandals. It wasn't as traumatic for me as I had anticipated, due to our preschool experience - the first week of kindergarten here consists of half days. Unfortunately, all of the schools here in Lansing have all-day kindergarten, so the second week was a little more heartbreaking. I realized that someone else now has my daughter for the greater part of the day! Priscilla, however, has been handling the change beautifully.


Poor Natasha is now spending more of her time than even in the carseat. For a while she was taking all of her naps in there and I was afraid she might not sleep in a crib again!



Priscilla with her teacher, Mrs. Gorbe.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

She looks so old! They'll all be in school before you know it. ;)

Melisa said...

How is the full day thing going? I think Holt is switching to full day K next year, and it has me a little nervous. Does she get exhausted by the end of the day or does she love it?

Natalie said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Priscilla is so old. She looks darling with her princess backpack and I'm sure she's the best student in the class. What a cutie!

amberd. said...

WO! Kindergarten! Pricsilla is ADORABLE all dressed to the nines. Isn't it so sad when they run off to school? Lincoln starts next year and I will be home all alone....childless! What the heck will I do with myself! Aaaah!

Well...I can go to the gym with out having to put anyone in the childcenter. I can clean with the music blaring. I can volunteer at school whatever times of the day I want because i won't have to find a babysitter. I can even get a job back at the flower shop during the day if I wanted to! Suh-weet! haha! Actually, I think it will make me feel soo sad for a while. But then I will get over it and enjoy the fact that I can do whatever the heck I want for 7 hours out of the day! woot! holla!

Becky said...

Reed had Mrs. Gorbe and we really liked her. I can imagine Pricilla being the star of the class. At first when I sent them to all day kindergarten I was sad, but that soon wore off and I LOVED it! Isaac is such a handful now that I'm glad I have just one kid to focus on during the day.